Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

MNID MIXTAPE #2



























This mixtape was a toughy. I got a little greedy and couldn't keep it to the 20 song minimum, because these songs are just too, too, damn good. So instead, allow me this one time to entertain some ADD, with some 25 songs of 2 hour music bliss. It starts off slow, and dance dance revolution in the middle, back to slow— which I usually like doing much like good dating. The journey is up and down, which keeps things muy interesante.

Discovered artist Bayonne, a couple weeks ago when I went to go check out Petite Noir which was featured on the last month's mixtape. He's song number 2, and I am not sure if that song is entirely mind-blowing, but it's probably more impressive if you were actually there. He's basically a one-person show, much like a lot of the bedroom music artists these days. Live he plays drums triumphantly (which is what he started out doing musically since the age of 9) and dances rampantly on stage while he performs his tracks. Other highlights of discovery is Helado Negro, and if I had the choice I would put his whole album and call it my playlist. I started off this playlist with 5 of his songs, honestly that guy is killing it. One of those albums to listen to from start to finish. To finish the playlist, it mellows out to bring you down to earth.

It's funny as when I was initially putting this together, I had so many songs to go with like 20 days before the month would start again. But it was good as it gave me time to weed out my impulse selections, and agonized about the order of which you would hear it and end it. I wanted to see if I would lose you somewhere. Putting these simple playlists are sometimes tumultuous for me, because I want the quality of what you hear to be a perfect continuous tune to enjoy. But whatever you take out of this list, I hope you enjoy these artists as much as I sickeningly been listening to into heavy rotation as of late

As mentioned before, if you have spotify and just a simple follow will get you the list instantaneously onto your device like magic. Try to listen from the order in which it's placed. If you don't have a subscription, desktop will be the only way to do so.

For love and music,

Dillon D.



INSTAGRAM @dillondelacroix | FACEBOOK |  follow on TWITTER | PINTEREST TUMBLR  

No comments:

Post a Comment