Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Dashboard Confessional



Fame and Partners x Revolve Marisa Maxi Dress | Zara Shoes

Photos: Jess Defino

Valentine's Day is around the corner, and it's the first time in a long time I celebrate it being a single gal. It's been a little bit of a ride to giving the most ultimate love of all—which is SELF-LOVE and self-acceptance. Breakups can tend to cause a little bit of a beating down on yourself. I think everyone can agree times like those, forces you to take a deep dive and ask things like, "Where did you go wrong? What could you have done better?" And all these things that might make you think that everything is wrong with you and no one else.

But at the end of the day, whatever relationship you are having-whether that's with a partner or yourself, the question to ask is does it serve your happiness, no matter what areas that involves. Are you happy with that person, and are you happy with everything about yourself? Most importantly, are you a person that would date you? I think these are important questions to ask before and through the duration of any relationship. In the world of obscene hookup culture, I'm a bit terrified to jump back in. I'm taking my time navigating through these things called feelings, and really letting it pass through before I fully give myself to the next person. All in all, I've been happy being comfortably alone and doing all the things that make me happy, that I otherwise may have neglected to do while I was with a partner. This conversation can go on and on, but I'll leave it here: If the love don't feel like R&B, don't bother. The best advise is to take those negative narratives that repeat in your head and kick it to the curb. Important as it is to choose the right partner, it's probably more important to be the right partner, and focusing the change on yourself.   

Sans love rant, this is a new dress I'm pretty excited about. Seeing as the big V-day is around the corner, I thought it was fitting to wear this cherry red number from Fame and Partners. It's an exclusive design to Revolve, and I am just gaga over the romance it exudes. The beautiful ruffle embellishments, to the cut-out details begs for the right attention. You know what they say about a girl that wears a red dress. According to Business Insider, men rate women wearing red clothing as being more interested in sex, hinting that humans may be conditioned to associate the color with fertility. Whatever the case, this dress doesn't need scientific data to back up the fact that this is one hot number that's sure to be a mainstay in your closet perfect for any social occasion whether it be for the perfect date, or as a great wedding guest dress option which screams to everyone "I'm here!" without COMPLETELY stealing the show from the bride. ;)


INSTAGRAM 
@dillondelacroix | FACEBOOK | TWITTER PINTEREST TUMBLR  

No comments:

Post a Comment