Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

MNID Mixtape # 1




When I had my old fashion blog I got a little done talking about fashion at the time; and went ahead and started a small tumblr music blog with my best friend Adrian. It was bred out of our personal long distance friendship at the time, and we would periodically send each other mix tapes of things we were currently listening to, or mix CD's I should say by mail. It turned into a battle of who found the rare edits, and song selections, and the cool visual images that went along with our posts. For every monthly mixtape we would attach oil painting images from artist Jonathan Viner, who was one of my favorite artists at the time. It was a full pledged production.

We had such a great time making them, talking about them, and when he would visit in LA we would sit in the car and dissect, and OooOOo and Ahhh each other, as well as give each other the side eye when we heard something a little off in the mix. We had a pretty good run and following while it lasted, but since we were essentially giving away free music constantly (and not in that so legal way) we had to cease and desist and let our little music love child die.

It's been about 4 years since and we still get requests to do them again, but obviously we don't want to deal with the same problem of legality issues. As an ode to my best friend Adrian and our little blog and to mix things up a bit on here, I will be working on a monthly mixtape of jamz I'm currently jamming to. Great news is that if you have Spotify, you'll be able to listen to the tunes with ease and follow and add the list to your own instantaneously. Only sucky thing is I won't have as many super duper hard rare jams we use to dig up through the interweb, but Spotify is actually pretty decent with finding some cool remix edits as well.

The playlist is a bit all over the place as per usual. Moody, a little bit of sexy, mellow, and dancy in between. Hope you enjoy my first round of MNID mixtaple #1.

Would love to hear your thoughts either in the comments below or a DM!

Love and Music,

DD






INSTAGRAM @dillondelacroix | FACEBOOK |  follow on TWITTER PINTEREST TUMBLR 

2 comments: