Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

Palm Sprangin'






Revolve  x Fame and Partners Russo dress | Zara Shoes | Black Corset 

Photos: Morten Thorup

It's the first day of Spring, and it's about that time to hike up those hemlines and invite all those wonderful springy elements into our wardrobe. Went to go visit the Palm Springs area yesterday to check out the Desert X art installations that are going on right now. It was an epic day of checking out the famous Doug Aitken Mirage house, as well as the Phillip K. Smith 'Land and Sky' exhibit. It was a great 93 degree sun shiny day, and I easily turned a crispy tan brown. Hello inner Pacific Islander, where have you been hiding all winter? More pictures and recap on that in another post. : ) I opted for this fun little number to contrast the fun and zany colors of the Saguaro hotel. The poolside music was loud and bangin' and I thought the whole time, damn it's nice to visit....but damn would I not really want to stay here. Is it just me, or am I just too #adulting these days.  Gingham is officially one of Spring's jammy go to's for your wardrobe, and it was a fun way to channel my inner Dorothy-in feeling like that we weren't in Kansas anymore. There's nothing like a two hour little get away to Palm Springs to let you feel a little of surrealism, even for a day. We got to experience a very lush green and full-bloom scenery, which I've never experience Palm Springs like. I highly recommend everyone to go out there, take it in, and of course get in those photo opps. 


-Dillon D.

6 comments:

  1. Gahhhhh this gingham beauty with that pink lip is giving me LIFE. What a cool location to shoot too!
    xoxo
    Abby @clothesandpizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that pink wall! And I need your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these photos! Gets me in the mood for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I love this shoot!! So colorful and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off I have to say--these photos are fantastic! LA is is such a great place to shoot, wonderful light there. And your style is killer too. Excellent job here.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta do better. These are life

    ReplyDelete