Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

A Little Bossa Nova












JOA Fringe Top | Charant Leg Harness Chain | Acne Boots | Mettle Fair Trade Bone Ring 

Photos & Video: Theo Macabeo


I was house sitting my lovely friend Eric's house in Venice last summer.
It was definitely such a treat to have that space all to myself for that week. Everything is very picturesque there — natural lighting that peaks in just the right places, equipped with an amazing curated selection of furniture and miscellaneous tchotchkes he's collected over the years. You can say E's place is very editorial ready, so it was a no brainer that I had to shoot some stuff there.

I convinced Theo to take some shots that day. We shot inside as well as around the Venice Canals. It was such a good day, and we caught the most gorgeous light. At this time I hadn't shot in a while, so I was a bit nervous, but Theo made me feel at ease and we ended up having a really great time.

I was feeling a little Tina Turner with my get up that day. I bought that JOA fringe top from my girlfriend's shop next door to mine. Threw on my chain leg harnesses from a designer I use to carry called Charant. One of my favorite and interesting accessories I own. It's such a fun conversation starter, and what I love about it is that it's dainty and minimal. You almost don't notice it right away until you're up close in person. The bone ring was another fun piece I carried at my store, from a brand called Mettle Fair Trade.

The one thing I miss about the store more than anything is the curation. It was so much fun to experiment and bring in unique items that you couldn't find else where. It was an awesome opportunity to give exposure to some independent designers and give them a place to say they were carried.


INSTAGRAM @dillondelacroix | FACEBOOK |  follow on TWITTER PINTEREST TUMBLR 

No comments:

Post a Comment