Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Venezian Grounds


Venice California strums up that of nostalgic classic Cali landscapes, much like the romanticized scenes you find in the Californication sitcom with Hank Moody. Palm trees, endless ocean, the PCH, and all the gentrified parts mixed in a little tinge of ghetto (but hardly anymore) that belongs to the westside.



Went to go shoot some stuff for  one of Ebb & Flow's jewelry campaign and we were scouting some cool walls in various different locations in Venice near trendy Abbot Kinney. There are so many damn cool walls there.

My look for the day was a cross between ranger Steve and boho captain pirate. I'm not really sure what I was going for here, but it was definitely a comfy outfit to snap up pictures in. I've had this Trousman knit sweater forever. Got it new, but at one of my favorite resale shops Wasteland. It's buttoned up and conservative in the front, and then super dramatic and plunging in the back. It's perfect to show off any body harness and my new tattoo for that matter.



For my shoes I added a detachable harness I scored from Etsy. I thought it added an extra unique touch to my Zara boots. That's why I say, I really need to ease up on the fast-fashion thing, and start actively shopping resale/second-hand, and or just shop some of my favorite brick & mortar stores again. True to the name of the game, I was going through my closet to cleanse out some stuff and noticed I was pulling some very recent purchases of which were all from places like Zara, Forever 21, and the like.

All the things I have worn for years has come from resale and are mostly designer. There's longevity to the designs as well as their durability with no question. They're the ones I hardly pull to sell.








Trousman Knit Black Long Sleeve | Current Elliot Denim| Vintage Army Hat | Zara Boots Haati Chai Body Harness | Ebb & Flow Jewelry Stack

Photos: Morten Thorup



INSTAGRAM @dillondelacroix | FACEBOOK |  follow on TWITTER PINTEREST TUMBLR



No comments:

Post a Comment