Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Grommets & Verticals


Ever since moving our offices from Beverly Hills to DTLA, my wardrobe choices have been changing a tad bit. Mostly entirely due to the choice of commuting by public transit whether by train or bus in conjunction with my skateboard. For those reasons my style has been a little bit more on the tom-boyish side, always incorporating my gray converse or my Sk8 HIs into my OOTDs. 

I am one of those women you spot, where they walk around in a typical office outfit followed by sneakers, with an obvious bag with a change of clothes. Who woulda thunk. Today's look is a mix of newsgirl Brit + school girl fashion. 

My work is dangerously close to Zara, so a lot of my ensemble is from there. Damn accessible fast-fashion. The rest are second hand. The black cap is a vintage hat I scored from one of my treasure hunting jaunts at the PCC flea market. And recently I acquired an awesome Acne Studios hardware belt as a nice hand me down from my lady friend. Second-hand is definitely the best, and I realize I need to start getting back into it as it's just so much more fun and unique. Moreso, being a former resale shop owner, I've failed miserably in supporting brick and mortar type shopping as of late. 

It's important to continue to support it as it is truly a one of a kind experience to shop that way. More importantly those that are independent branded shops. But with fast-fashion taking over, it's no surprise that online shopping has been more convenient to do, especially for most of us that sit behind the desk from 9-5. My goal is to return back to that this year, as thrifting and resale shopping has really shaped my overall style influence. 

Fast-fashion is easy. One due to convenience, competition in pricing, and a copied styled presentation on how you should shop. But it's always more interesting with what's being presented in front of you much like the presentation at a one-of-a-kind offering type of vintage store. As with style and not fashion, it's what you choose and how you decide to put it together that defines your distinctive style. 






INSTAGRAM @dillondelacroix | FACEBOOK |  follow on TWITTER PINTEREST TUMBLR

No comments:

Post a Comment